Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tengoku



There's nothing I love more than discovering a new resto that serves up great food with reasonable prices. And boy did I find a little gem, tucked away on Anzac Parade in Kensington.

Aptly named Tengoku or 'Heaven' in Japanese, this little unassuming shop serves up some of the most generous pieces of sushi I've ever had. Three pieces of fat, juicy scallops on a little knob of rice? Oh oui, j'adore j'adore! The meaty, freshly fried softshell crab rolls are such a welcome treat on a cold winter's night, and my eyes almost glaze over with pure pleasure as it crunches between my teeth. Though not featured in the photos, the irresistibly sweet scampi sushi and miso soup are another must-try.

I've already been there a second time in a week. Trust me, I'll be back pretty soon!

Tengoku
121 Anzac Parade, Kensington
96633388
(Make sure you call ahead to make reservations)

No comments: